Maral Taşkırıcı (Istanbul, 1996) received Designed Objects training at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and subsequently at NABA Milano. The paintings of the artist, who has an interdisciplinary practice, are like the reflection of a holistic reaction people give to motifs that they see as a random formation, a sequence. The simplicity in the chaos and the harmony within the deformation come to the fore in the series of chaos created by a psychedelic abstraction. In her ceramic works, she creates new surfaces for her patterns and dimensions her plastic practice. Maral, who performed her first solo exhibition Lost on Venus in Ambidexter in 2019, exhibited her ceramic work series Not Proud in the 2020 edition of Mamut Art Project. She participated in the 1000 VASES exhibition organized as part of Milan Design Week in 2021. The artist, who has participated in various group exhibitions, lives and continues to work in Istanbul.
– ArtWeeks@Akaretler, Ambidexter Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey, 2019
– Ambidextrous Group Show II, Ambidexter Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey, 2019
– Lost On Venus, solo exhibition, Ambidexter Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey, 2020
– Mamut Art Project, Istanbul, Turkey, 2020
– 1000 VASES, group exhibition, Salone Del Mobile Milan (Milan Design Week), Milan, Italy, September 202